The Center for Biological Diversity is a 501 (c)3 non-profit organization. All contributions are taxdeductible. A copy of our latest financial information and annual report may be obtained by writing to Center for Biological Diversity, P.O. Box 710, Tucson, AZ, 85702-0710, by calling (520) 623-5252, or by downloading a copy from our website: http://www.biologicaldiversity.org.
Long-term support from our individual members is critical to fulfilling the Center’s mission. Maintaining and preserving a strong, trusting relationship with our members is key to this vital source of support.
Finding more individuals to join in supporting our services is also vital to the long-term success of our organization. Individuals who have contributed to organizations similar to ours are among the most likely to also be loyal supporters of the Center. Access to lists of donors to these community organizations is also a vital element of our efforts to raise the money needed to provide our services.
Balancing the needs and desires of our contributors along with meeting the need for efficient and effective fundraising practices are the principles that serve as the underpinning of our list exchange policy. The purpose of this policy is to ensure that we conduct our fundraising in compliance with nationally established guidelines while ensuring that our members’ trust and faith in us is well placed and deserved.
The Center will, on occasion, exchange membership lists with other well-established charitable, likeminded non-profit organizations. We believe that the opportunities for increased financial support and the cost reductions resulting from list exchanges conducted within the guidelines of this policy will help us bring more attention to the issues and concerns that drive the mission of the Center and allow the Center and our membership to be a positive force for change. In exchanging lists, the following principles will always apply:
- We will not sell, rent, give or exchange members’ names to, with or from any candidate for public office, committees or organizations supporting a candidate, political parties, or organizations that solicit funds for use in political campaigns for any purpose.
- We will respect the privacy of all members by offering a means by which their names may be suppressed upon their request and we will honor their requests. We will provide notice of this option in various mailings to members. Also, we will endeavor to provide additional notices of this option throughout the year in other ways including our web site.
- Some donors may be recognized in publications like our quarterly newsletter or annual report. Testimonials will only be published only with the consent of the donor. Donors may also notify us if they prefer all or some of their contributions to be made anonymously and not publicly recognized.
- We will maintain active control of our membership lists by informing others, including any list brokers we may hire, of this policy and by taking steps to enforce this policy.
- We will maintain complete and accurate records of all uses of membership lists for at least such time as required by law.
- When we perform a list exchange, we will ensure that the list is only for a one-time use and the only information provided will be the member's name and mailing address. No email or telephone information will ever be shared.
- Occasionally, we may rent lists from other organizations in order to reach prospective members. We will not rent lists from any organization if we believe doing so may endanger the trust between the Center and its members.
- We will comply with the laws and regulations of the Internal Revenue Service, all states in which we solicit funding and the United States Postal Service.
We collect personal information from visitors to our website only if they make a donation, purchase items from our website, or request goods or services from us. Personal information provided by the web site user is used to process the gift, establish a membership or to deliver the goods or services. Visitors who purchase merchandise and provide a valid mailing address may be added to our mailing list. Visitors who provide us with their name and email address may be added to our email list, from which they can be removed at any time by following the instructions that are found in all communications from us.
The Center's online donation and merchandise sites are secured by SecureSSL, a leading global Certification Authority. Their SSL and code signing digital certificates are used globally to secure servers, provide data encryption, authenticate users, protect privacy and assure online identifies through stringent authentication and verification processes.
To review or correct your personal contact information or to make changes to your recorded preferences as a member, please contact our membership team by phone at 520.623.5252, by e-mail at email@example.com or by postal mail at: Center for Biological Diversity, attn: Membership, P.O. Box 710, Tucson, AZ 85702-0710.
Should have any questions regarding this policy, please contact the Membership Director at 520.623.5252, ext. 312, e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail Center for Biological Diversity, attn: Membership, P.O. Box 710, Tucson, AZ 85702-0710.
Tucson • Pinos Altos • San Diego • Los Angeles • Phoenix • San Francisco • Joshua Tree • Portland, OR • Washington, DC
Main Office: PO Box 710 Tucson AZ 85702 Ph: 520.623.5252 Fax: 520.623.9797 www.biologicaldiversity.org